As part of the present trend to create more awareness on the need to switch over to Smartwatches, the $350 i’m Watch Android device has taken to Google adword advertising to more people and of course more Nigerians! You want to know what’s inside this watch?
• Flash Drive: 4 GB
• RAM: 128 MB
• CPU: IMX233
• 1.54” (diagonal) color TFT display
• 240×240 pixel resolution
• 220 ppi (pixel per inch)
Read Burge 17 Smartwatch
• i’m Droid 2 (customized Android version)
Power and battery
• Built-in rechargeable Li-Po 450 mAh battery
• Charging from USB to computer system or via power adapter
• Standby time without Bluetooth™ connection: up to 48 hours
• Standby time with Bluetooth™ connection: up to 24 hours
• Time for generic use: up to 5 hours.
Compatible smartphones and o.s.
Many i’m Watch features require an internet connection via Bluetooth™ tethering. The main operating systems and/or phones that offer this technology are:
• Android 4.0+
• iOS® 4+
Read Samsung Galaxy gear Smart watch
• Blackberry 10+ (no SMS display)
• Not all phone models allow Bluetooth™ tethering.
• Not all versions of the same operating system allow Bluetooth™ tethering.
• Not all phone versions allow Bluetooth™ tethering.
• Not all mobile network operators allow Bluetooth™ tethering.
Note: i’m Watch is not a standalone phone and therefore needs to connect to smartphones.
• Supported formats: MP3
The materials change depending on the collections: i’m Watch Color Collection, i’m Watch Tech Collection, i’m Watch Jewel Collection.
Case: Aluminum, Titanium, Silver and Gold.
Strap colors: many different colors available.
Connectors and input/output
• 3.5 mm headphone, connection and power mini-jacks
• Built-in speaker
English, Italian, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), French, German, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Czech, Dutch, Polish, Russian.
We didn’t compile this full specs, the source is here
Now the price of this device is $350 that is about almost N60,000!
Read all we’ve written about Smartwatches
The question remains, How many Nigerians will spend such for computer-watch that isn’t gold-plated?